Former WWE announcer Lillian Garcia announces the death of her father - UPI.com

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 27 (UPI) -- Former WWE ring announcer Lillian Garcia has taken to social media to announce the death of her father, Eduardo Garcia.

"On Christmas Day, heaven welcomed an extraordinary angel in my father, U.S. Army Retired Lt. Colonel - Eduardo Garcia," the Latin singer wrote on Instagram Monday alongside a collection of photos featuring her father and other family members.

"My father fought the battle of his life against terminal cancer giving it all that he had. He was a true soldier to the very end," she continued, noting the cause of death. "I've been questioning why my dad had to go on Christmas day but this morning, I realized what a truly special gift it was. My father loved Christ, so to go on Christ's birthday is the biggest blessing ever!"

To conclude, Lillian thanked fans for all their love and support and offered a charity to donate to in Eduardo's name.

"To honor him, we ask that, if your heart chooses, to please donate to Fisherhouse.org. Their mission is to provide a network of comfort homes where military and veterans' families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment. As a veteran, my father saw the importance of helping soldiers and their families who weren't quite as fortunate as him, so my family is committed to continuing his cause," Lillian noted before leaving one last goodbye.

"Thank you dad for the honor and privilege of being your daughter and for the endless love you gave me. I already miss you so much but know that you will forever be in my heart! I salute you sir! We toast to you, our true inspiration! Te amo papa!"