WWE: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin will not wrestle another match - SkySports

Wrestling legend enjoying Goldberg's WWE comeback

Last Updated: 23/12/16 10:46am

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin says he will not wrestle another match

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin says he will not wrestle another match

Wrestling legend “Stone Cold” Steve Austin has ruled out returning to the ring for another WWE match.

Austin, a six-time WWE Champion, last competed at WrestleMania XIX in 2003 when he was beaten by The Rock.

"Stone Cold" has figured on WWE television numerous times since then, including when he dished out a Stunner to The New Day's Xavier Woods at WrestleMania 32 in April of this year.

Austin floored Xavier Woods with a Stunner at WrestleMania 32

Austin floored Xavier Woods with a Stunner at WrestleMania 32

But the 52-year-old says he will not follow in the footsteps of his pal Goldberg, who ended a 12-year absence from the ring to crush Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series in November.

"I'm making no comeback, I'm done and I'm happy being done," said Austin on a recent episode of his podcast, The Steve Austin Show - Unleashed.

"I don't want the pressure of having another match on my shoulders, because I don't have to have another match -  I'm satisfied with the career that I had.

image

I'm making no comeback, I'm done and I'm happy being done. The wrestling business is now for the younger generation.

Steve Austin

"Professional wrestling has spring-boarded every endeavour that I am involved in right now, and I love the business and the WWE but I'm done.

"The wrestling business is now for the younger generation - you do it for as long as you can and you then ride off into the sunset and adjust accordingly.

"I'm happy for all my friends that are making comebacks - Goldberg going in and beating Lesnar was awesome.

"I sit there and watch, I cheer for them, want to see great matches, and want people to cheer for them, but I don't need a comeback."

Goldberg will compete in the 2017 Royal Rumble Match

Goldberg will compete in the 2017 Royal Rumble Match

SUMBER