The superstar made his long-awaited return on SmackDown Live - RollingStone.com

If you thought we had seen the last of John Cena in the ring, he has a message for you.

The superstar made his long-awaited return on SmackDown Live - RollingStone.com

The former champion made his long-awaited return to the WWE on Tuesday when he showed up on SmackDown Live to deliver an announcement. The big news is he has challenged the winner of the Triple Threat match between AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin for the WWE Championship belt at the Royal Rumble – Styles won, so we'll get a Cena-Styles rematch on January 24 – but he also squashed any rumors about him leaving the wrestling world full-time to go Hollywood.

After issuing the challenge, Cena had this to say about his future:

"I heard things like [Undertaker] but I also heard that I am damaged good, I'm washed up – hell, I've been called a part-timer. There's a lot of superstars that already said I got one foot out of the door and I've gone to Hollywood, never to come back. What am I doing here tonight? I'm setting the record straight: I'm not done, I'm not leaving and I'm sick of this New Era BS. It ain’t the New Era. It's the My Time Is Now Era.”

Cena, of course, dipped his feet in the Hollywood waters in 2015 by making an appearance in Trainwreck and Daddy's Home. He then hosted FOX's American Grit as well as an episode of Saturday Night Live in 2016. It's why he said this year in particular, "wasn't exactly a super year for Super Cena."

SUMBER